What's happening with New Manchester Walks
!!NEW!! MANCHESTER MUSIC BUS TOURS (On the Road)
You’ve heard the songs, seen the groups, played the records…now visit the sights and hear the stories where Manchester music history was made on a music bus tour …
Our set list:
* The Hacienda * Salford Lads’ Club * The Ritz * The Cemetery Gates
* The BBC building where Paul failed the audition * The Boardwalk
* Free Trade Hall * “A rented room in Whalley Range” * Paul Heaton’s pub
* Strawberry Studios * Dry Bar * John Cooper Clarke’s Beasley Street
* Church of the Holy Name * Sifter’s record shop * The house where the Smiths were born * The original Factory Records HQ * Tony Wilson’s House.
* This is a 3-hour tour, starting from Albert Square opposite the Town Hall.
Please book with eventbrite. Press “Continue Reading” and click.
* Mon 28 Aug (Bank Holiday), 2.30pm.
* Sun 8 Oct, 11am.
MANCHESTER TOWN HALL EXPERT TOUR: LATEST DATES
This is why our Town Hall tour is so good. New Manchester Walks’s Ed Glinert journeyed down to the capital to take out of the London Library two hefty volumes on Ford Madox Brown’s paintings. Books which aren’t available in Manchester and can’t be bought for love or money. He and John Alker then forensically extracted all the best stories from them so that now we know the real stories behind the Town Hall Murals that so captivate our customers.
Make sure you book your place on our expert Town Hall tour for the building will be closing for repairs in January 2018.
Next tours. Please book with eventbrite. Press Continue Reading and click the link:
* Tue 22 Aug, 11am-1pm. Tickets on sale with eventbrite.
* Tue 29 Aug, 2pm-4pm. Tickets on sale soon.
* Wed 30 Aug, 2pm-4pm. Tickets on sale soon.
* Mon 4 Sep, 11am-1pm. Tickets on sale soon.
STUDENT GROUPS, U3A, SOCIETIES, CLUBS, WORKS OUTFIT…book a private tour with us!
What better way to entertain your social club, historical society or corporate clients than with a private New Manchester Walks tour, talk, walk or canal cruise?
So, calling all members and organisers from the U3A, the National Trust, the WI, Probus, come, book an enthralling and entertaining tour with our enthralling and entertaining guides.
Competitive rates…knowledgeable guides. We have access to the largest group of guides in the North-West.
“TRUE FAITH” – Ian Curtis-Joy Division tours during the Art Gallery exhibition. !!EXTRA DATE!!
We at New Manchester Walks have been honoured to have taken so many people around the city on the trail of Ian Curtis’s Manchester which we have been running during the Art Gallery’s summer Joy Division exhibition: “True Faith” (in collaboration with the Gallery).
The exhibition, which runs from 30 June-3 September, is being curated by Jon Savage with whom New Manchester Walks’ Ed Glinert worked on Mojo magazine in the 1990s.
Next dates for tours, starting at the Art Gallery entrance:
* Thu 24 August, 5.30pm. Book with eventbrite here.
* Wed 30 Aug, 5pm. Book with eventbrite soon.
Please book with eventbrite by pressing “Continue Reading” and following the link.
THE DE-LUXE MIDLAND HOTEL TOUR
4 May 1904, the date when Rolls and Royce are believed to have met in the Midland Hotel and decided to go into business together. What a great tale. Well, Ed Glinert has now done some serious research into this story and come up with some startling twists. This is just one of the reasons why our Midland Hotel tours are selling out fast.
Such has been the demand to hear Ed Glinert & co. tell the real story of the hotel: entertaining, enlightening and expertly researched anecdotes about Winston Churchill, John Barbirolli, Michael Collins, Alex Ferguson, Albert Tatlock, the King of Afghanistan, George Best, Johnny Cash, Michael Collins, Van Morrison, Theresa May…
To book, press Continue Reading and click the date.
• Sun 20 August…Sun 24 Sep…
Future dates. Tickets will go on sale soon.
• Sun 8 October…Sun 19 November…Sun 3 December…Sun 7 January…Sun 4 February…Sun 4 March…Sun 1 April (Easter Sunday).
• Book a private tour for your group! We catered for 60 very happy ladies from Wilmslow U3A recently.
THE 7 WONDERS OF MANCHESTER: Read on for the perfect introduction to the city
Manchester was the first city of the industrial revolution, the city that shaped the modern world, the industrial strength city.
These are the most spectacular sights to be seen, the great treasures of the city, the 7 Wonders of Manchester, each linked with our tours.
BOOK A TALK WITH MANCHESTER’S WITTIEST PUBLIC SPEAKER: ED GLINERT
If you don’t fancy a walk, book us for a talk!
Ed Glinert is back giving talks with a monthly slot at Central Library and regular dates at Manchester Cathedral, so book him for your social club, U3A group, Probus set, National Trust outfit or local history society to give an illustrated talk on one of a huge variety of subjects:
* The Pankhursts.
* 10 Manchester Inventions That Shook the World.
* Royal Scandal Through the Ages.
* The Lonely Life of L. S. Lowry.
* Engels & Marx in Manchester.
* The Manchester Ship Canal.
* Alan Turing.
* The Fenian Hangings of 1867.
* The Secret History of Manchester.
* Manchester architecture (how the city’s main buildings stole their design from existing works).
COACH TOURS: BOOK A TOUR FOR YOUR GROUP
Now is the time for your social club, U3A group, Probus outfit, student body … to book a coach tour with our effortlessly entertaining guides.
There are so many to choose from:
* The Great Treasures of Manchester
* Wild and Wuthering West Yorkshire
* L. S. Lowry’s sights and settings of Salford
* The Beatles’ Liverpool
* Chi-Chi Cheshire
* The History of Manchester United…