What's happening with New Manchester Walks
Walks A-Z: Sep, Oct, Nov 2015
No more scrabbling around the leaflet desperately trying to find when the Charles Dickens’ Manchester walk or the Old Docks tour is taking place (and then only finding out the day after).
Now you can see at a glance what’s on and when. Don’t worry if your favourite’s not there. We will be updating and extending this service regularly – and of course we will do everything humanly possible not to change a listing once set.
Sail the Local Canals With Us On Our August Bank Holiday Cruise!
Summer is still in full swing, so set your chronometer for Mon 31 Aug and a 3-hour local cruise with historic commentary and licensed bar. Please book with Quaytickets.
Join us on board to glide past the new Coronation Street studios, Media City, Manchester United, The Imperial War Museum North, the Lowry Centre, the old docks of what was Britain’s 4th biggest port, Mode Wheel Locks, Castlefield and Spinningfields…
Expert commentary provided.
Manchester Town Hall Tour: How it Works. Most Tuesdays & Saturdays, 11am.
* The de-luxe and madly entertaining tour.
* We have taken some 2,000 people on this tour this year.
* Please let us know you would like to attend by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org
* Pay on the day. £8 (£7).
* Meet at the Midland Hotel, 11am.
Coming up in August & Other News
• Sat 29, NO Manchester Town Hall tour – NO ACCESS.
• Sat 29, Brutalist, Modernist Manchester, 2.30pm, Art Gallery entrance – Ed. (In honour of the 50th anniversary of the death of Le Corbusier, the world’s greatest ever architect).
• Sun 30, The Pankhursts: The Manchester Family That Won Women the Vote, St Ann’s Church, 12 noon – Ed.
• Mon 31, Canal Cruise (with spellbinding, riveting historic commentary), 11am, Water by the Castlefield Hotel – Sue.
• Mon 31, Town Hall Murals & Pre-Raphaelites, 11am, outside the Art Gallery – John.
• Mon 31, Manchester in 12 Songs, from HOME, 3pm – Ed.
• Tue 1 Sep, Manchester Town Hall tour, 11am outside the Midland Hotel – Sue.
Book a private tour…a canal cruise, a detailed look at the Ford Madox Brown Murals, music history locations, Peterloo, Cotton Mills, a day trip to Liverpool or Bronte Country…
What better way to entertain your social club, historical society or corporate clients than with a private New Manchester Walks tour, talk, walk or canal cruise. We have taken out the U3A, the National Trust, the WI, Probus, Fleet Street’s finest (an L. S. Lowry coach tour), Kemptville Travel of Ontario (Coronation street locations in Blackpool), the cast of the recent Angel Meadow play, Travel Solutions of Belfast…it’s a long list. Join them!
Town Hall Murals: August Bank Holiday Monday
The next full, detailed tour of the Ford Madox Brown Murals in Manchester Town Hall is scheduled to take place on August Bank Holiday Monday (31 Aug 2015). This is going to be a de-luxe offering…please let us know if you intend coming along and don’t forget to check the website as close to the event as possible.
We can now do private tours of the Town Hall Clock Tower
We can now take bookings for PRIVATE tours of the soaring Clock Tower at Manchester Town Hall. So if your social group, pals or workplace would like a tour, please let us know by e-mailing email@example.com. Time waits for no one, it’s true, but New Manchester Walks is once again in time with the city.
Need a Speaker?
Ed Glinert’s energetic, enthralling and entertaining talks – on Alan Turing, Peterloo, Winston Churchill, the Pankhursts etc etc – have wowed audiences at the St James’s Club, Manchester Central Library, the Portico Library, Whitefield shul, the U3A…