What's happening with New Manchester Walks
Sorry folks, Ed Glinert still out of action. Other guides’ walks will go ahead as usual
Ed Glinert pulled a muscle on Tuesday 28 July and now cannot walk at all. He will return to action as soon as he can. He just doesn’t know when. This means that some of his more specialist walks will just have to go on hold. At this stage we don’t know how far in advance to cancel.
Coming up in early August
• Mon 3, Manchester Cathedral & Chetham’s, 11am from Victoria Station wallmap – John.
• Tue 4, Town Hall, 11am from the Midland Hotel – Steve.
• Tue 4, John Rylands Library, 2.30pm, from outside the Library – Steve.
• Wed 5, Lowry in Manchester, 12 noon from the Portland – John.
• Wed 5, Lowry in Salford, 2.30pm. CANCELLED. SORRY. THIS IS RATHER SPECIALIST AND ONE OF ED’S.
• Thu 6, Castlefield, from MOSI, 2.30pm – Sue..
• Fri 7, Central Library, from the Library, 1.30pm – Sue.
• Fri 7, Ancoats pub walk, from the Band on the Wall, 6pm – Steve.
Book a private tour…a canal cruise, a detailed look at the Ford Madox Brown Murals, a tour of Manchester locations connected to the city’s music history/Peterloo/cotton mills, a day trip to Liverpool or Bronte Country…
What better way to entertain your social club, historical society or corporate clients than with a private New Manchester Walks tour, talk, walk or canal cruise. We have taken out the U3A, the National Trust, the WI, Probus, Fleet Street’s finest (an L. S. Lowry coach tour), Kemptville Travel of Ontario (Coronation street locations in Blackpool), the cast of the recent Angel Meadow play, Travel Solutions of Belfast…it’s a long list. Join them!
Town Hall Tours: How it Works. Tuesdays & Saturdays, 11am.
* The de-luxe and madly entertaining tour.
* We have taken some 1,000 people on this tour this year.
* Please let us know you would like to attend by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org
* Pay on the day. £8 (£7).
* Meet at the Midland Hotel.
Clock Tower Tours…New Manchester Walks in Time with the City…Next date: Sat 22 August
We can now announce summer 2015 dates for the towering tour, to take you up, up and away – beyond the confines of Manchester Town Hall into the soaring clock tower on a journey into the very heart of time.
Sat 22 Aug, Sat 19 Sep at 10.45am, 12.45pm, 2.45pm. For booking details
Cruise the Manchester Waterways With Us – Mon 31 Aug, Sat 3 Oct
Summer is here, so set your chronometer for Mon 31 Aug and Sat 3 Oct and a 3-hour local cruise with historic commentary and licensed bar. Please book with Quaytickets.
Join us on board to glide past the new Coronation Street studios, Media City, Manchester United, The Imperial War Museum North, the Lowry Centre, the old docks of what was Britain’s 4th biggest port, Mode Wheel Locks, Castlefield and Spinningfields…
Expert commentary provided.
Need a Speaker?
Ed Glinert’s energetic, enthralling and entertaining talks – on Alan Turing, Peterloo, Winston Churchill, the Pankhursts etc etc – have wowed audiences at the St James’s Club, Manchester Central Library, the Portico Library, Whitefield shul, the U3A…
Town Hall Murals: August Bank Holiday Monday
Next full detailed tour of the Ford Madox Brown Murals in Manchester Town Hall: Bank Holiday Monday, 31 August 2015. This is going to be a de-luxe offering, for we will be starting at Manchester Art Gallery at 11am to look at the best of the Pre-Raphaelite paintings, followed by a coffee break and then a saunter over to the Town Hall.