What's happening with New Manchester Walks
THE ORIGINAL EXPERT MANCHESTER TOWN HALL TOUR: !!MORE DATES BEING ADDED!!
Tickets are selling fast, so don’t delay in booking for the only expert de-luxe historical tour of Manchester Town Hall. These tours showcase the original and painstaking research we have conducted. For instance New Manchester Walks’s Ed Glinert journeyed down to the capital to take out of the London Library two hefty volumes on Ford Madox Brown’s paintings. Books which aren’t available in Manchester and can’t be bought for love or money. He and John Alker then forensically extracted all the best stories from them so that now we know the real stories behind the Town Hall Murals that so captivate our customers.
Please book with eventbrite. Just press “Continue Reading”, find the date you’d like, and click the link.
TOWN HALL PROBLEMS WED 29 NOVEMBER: SOLVED!
After a week’s worth of pleading, posturing and postulating we have at last found an ingenious solution for the two messed up tours of Wed 29 November, the Pre-Raphaelites & Murals tour that morning and the regular Town Hall tour that afternoon.
HOW TO JOIN ONE OF OUR TOURS
We take thousands of people around Manchester (and beyond) a year so we try to make it as simple as possible to attend. Minimum bureaucracy; minimum fuss. Please book through eventbrite for most tours. Eventbrite is one of the world’s biggest ticketing agencies and is incredibly easy to use. Here’s how. You choose the tour you want to go on. There are three different ways to book.
* By name. Go to the Walks & Tours page on our website. Click on the walk you’d like to go on and click the eventbrite link on the page. There should be a direct link to the eventbrite booking page. If there isn’t don’t panic! If there is sufficient demand we will get it up on eventbrite as soon as possible.
* By date. Go to the Calendar on our website. Click on the walk you’d like to go on and click the eventbrite link.
* Go direct to eventbrite. Enter the name of the tour, the city, the date. The more details you put in, the easier it is to find the tour.
That’s it! See you on the streets.
THE MIDLAND HOTEL – THE ROLLS-ROYCE OF TOURS. December, January, February, March dates
Have you seen the Rolls-Royce plaques at the front of the Midland Hotel, with its key date, 4 May 1904? This was the date when Rolls and Royce are believed to have met within and decided to go into business together. What a great tale. Well, Ed Glinert has now done some serious research into this story and come up with some startling twists. This is just one of the reasons why our Midland Hotel tours are selling out fast.
So come with us to hear the real story of the hotel: entertaining, enlightening and expertly researched anecdotes about Winston Churchill, John Barbirolli, Michael Collins, Alex Ferguson, Albert Tatlock, the King of Afghanistan, George Best, Johnny Cash, Michael Collins, Van Morrison, Theresa May…
To book the tour (4pm), or tea and tour (2.30pm) on select Sundays press Continue Reading and click the date.
Sun 19 Nov…Sun 3 December…Sun 7 January…Sun 4 February…Sun 4 March…Sun 1 April (Easter Sunday).
• Book a private tour for your group! We catered for 60 very happy ladies from Wilmslow U3A recently.
STUDENT GROUPS, U3A, SOCIETIES, CLUBS, WORKS OUTFIT…book a private tour with us!
What better way to entertain your social club, historical society or corporate clients than with a private New Manchester Walks tour, talk, walk or canal cruise?
So, calling all members and organisers from the U3A, the National Trust, the WI, Probus, come, book an enthralling and entertaining tour with our enthralling and entertaining guides.
Competitive rates…knowledgeable guides. We have access to the largest group of guides in the North-West.
THE 7 WONDERS OF MANCHESTER: Read on for the perfect introduction to the city
Manchester was the first city of the industrial revolution, the city that shaped the modern world, the industrial strength city.
These are the most spectacular sights to be seen, the great treasures of the city, the 7 Wonders of Manchester, each linked with our tours.
BOOK A TALK WITH MANCHESTER’S WITTIEST PUBLIC SPEAKER: ED GLINERT
If you don’t fancy a walk, book us for a talk!
Ed Glinert is back giving talks with a monthly slot at Central Library and regular dates at Manchester Cathedral, so book him for your social club, U3A group, Probus set, National Trust outfit or local history society to give an illustrated talk on one of a huge variety of subjects:
* The Pankhursts.
* 10 Manchester Inventions That Shook the World.
* Royal Scandal Through the Ages.
* The Lonely Life of L. S. Lowry.
* Engels & Marx in Manchester.
* The Manchester Ship Canal.
* Alan Turing.
* The Fenian Hangings of 1867.
* The Secret History of Manchester.
* Manchester architecture (how the city’s main buildings stole their design from existing works).
COACH TOURS: BOOK A TOUR FOR YOUR GROUP
Now is the time for your social club, U3A group, Probus outfit, student body … to book a coach tour with our effortlessly entertaining guides.
There are so many to choose from:
* The Great Treasures of Manchester
* Wild and Wuthering West Yorkshire
* L. S. Lowry’s sights and settings of Salford
* The Beatles’ Liverpool
* Chi-Chi Cheshire
* The History of Manchester United…