If you don’t fancy a walk, book a talk. What a great idea for your social club, U3A group, Probus set, National Trust outfit, local history society; book New Manchester Walks’ Ed Glinert to give an illustrated talk on one of a huge variety of subjects. He had 65 people at Central Library for the Town Hall Murals recently and about 150 at Knutsford Methodist Church for Marx & Engels in Manchester.
Glinert is the most entertaining, best informed and wittiest public speaker on the circuit, armed with remarkable stories and unforgettable pictures, and has been a fixture on the talks scene for a number of years, giving regular presentations at Central Library, Gorton Monastery, the St James’s Club and the Portico Library.
Have laptop, Glinert will travel to entertain your group. Our most popular talks:
* The Pankhursts.
* 10 Manchester Inventions That Shook the World.
* Royal Scandal Through the Ages.
* The Lonely Life of L. S. Lowry.
* Engels & Marx in Manchester.
* The Manchester Ship Canal.
* Alan Turing.
* The Fenian Hangings of 1867.
* The Secret History of Manchester.
* Manchester architecture (how the city’s main buildings stole their design from existing works).