Savor the saturnine and serendipitous Septemberish sun and odd shower on a New Manchester Walks walk. We will be covering the vast range of the city’s historical, cultural and sociable subjects: from the Grand Hotels and Hidden Gems to the Masterpieces of Manchester Art, Architecture & Design, with the odd Town Hall tour and exploration of JOhn Rylands Library – and much more besides.
* No need to book; just turn up.
* Sat 3 Sep, Le Corbusier’s Manchester. Meet 11am by the Visitor Centre.
* Sat 3 Sep Hitler’s Plans for Manchester. Meet 2pm at Victoria Station wallmap.
* Sun 4 Sep, The Grand Canals of Manchester (East). Meet 1.30pm at the Malmaison Hotel.
* Mon 5 Sep, Manchester Cathedral & Chetham’s. Meet 2pm at Victoria Station wallmap.
* Tue 6 Sep, John Dalton’s Manchester (250 years since his birth). Meet at the Art Gallery, 11.30am.
* Wed 7 Sep, Angel Meadow. Meet 6pm at Victoria Station wallmap.
* Thu 8 Sep, The Hidden Gems of Manchester. Meet 11am by the Visitor Centre.
* Thu 8 Sep, The Grand Hotels of Manchester. Meet 2.30pm by the Visitor Centre.
* Fri 9 Sep, Lost Manchester. Meet 11.30am at the Victoria Station wallmap.
* Fri 9 Sep, The Mysterious Manchester pub walk. Meet 6pm at the Victoria Station wallmap.