People of Manchester! People of Britain! People of the World! It’s the long-awaited (after six years) return of Underground Manchester in …
“Underground Manchester – Don’t Mention the War!”
Please book on eventbrite, going straight to the site or clicking on relevant link on our website.
This is an exciting and entertaining brand new tour devised by Manchester’s hardest-working tour guides, New Manchester Walks.
We will descend beneath the city streets on a scintillating subterranean sensationalist and serious new tour.
* First, a warning. Manchester could be under attack from an awful airborne enemy. Various city centre buildings have been targeted. We will reveal the hit list.
* A well-known building in the city centre has been chosen as the secret government emergency HQ, should the enemy invade Manchester. Only we know its identity.
* We will take refuge from the Blitz in the subterranean shelters. Secure? We hope so.
* Good news! A different invading army is arriving in Manchester. They are friendly. They will bring with them luxuries we haven’t seen here for years: oranges, chocolate, tipped cigarettes, silk stockings…yes, where would we be without silk stockings?
* If we win the war we can all dance for joy in Albert Square.
* With that war over, there will now be a new, bigger threat. Don’t want to alarm anybody but can we take refuge from imminent nuclear annihilation.
* Now you can go home into the safety of 21st century Manchester.
Our earlier Underground Manchester tour, remember, was England’s second most popular a few years ago. Only the London Jack the Ripper tour brought in more customers.
Until then, beware of 5th columnists.
For dates, please go to eventbrite and book there.