Next tour is on Zoom: Thursday 6 May 2021, 8pm.
Meet: On your computer.
Booking: Please press here to book with eventbrite.
* Disused railway tunnels just tempting the carefree and curious.
* The abandoned Mersey road tunnel you’re not supposed to know about but still maintained in good condition as an emergency route and film set.
* Joseph Williamson’s extraordinary eccentric excavations under Edge Hill.
* The world’s first commercial wet dock, hidden away under the shopping heartland of Liverpool.
* The WW2 bunker near the Town Hall, where the Battle of the Atlantic was co-ordinated.
* The pirates’ and smugglers’ subterranean world under the streets of New Brighton, no longer a wartime munitions factory.
* A lost lake under Water Street (where else?)
* And why there is no atomic bunker under central Liverpool, with the nearest safe zone an hour’s drive away.
Ed Glinert, creator of the immensely popular Underground Manchester and Underground London zoom tours, unveils this trip below the streets of Britain’s greatest maritime city.
Liverpool draws millions of tourists and visitors each year for two reasons: the Beatles and its breathtaking waterfront architecture. Plus there are a couple of famous football clubs whose history is laden with trophies, two cathedrals, several stately homes nearby, glorious parks and one of the most dramatic and unusual histories in Britain.
* This is the ideal introduction to the fab gear city for visitors new to the area. To book privately, contact New Liverpool Walks to be taken around by Ed Glinert, the most prolific tour guide in the country, director of New Manchester Walks, long-time London Walks guide and much-published author on email@example.com
New Liverpool Walks…you’ll never walk alone!