Next tour: No public dates, but these can be booked privately.
Meet: coach stop Albert Square (opposite the Town Hall).
Here’s a great review:
Just thought id drop you a message to say me and my dad really enjoyed Sundays bus tour. We learnt lots of interesting info about the Manchester’s music scene. We had a great day out together and thanks again!
See you soon on another tour maybe in the future. Think we may do a walking tour next time.
Smiths-Morrissey coach tour: All the Manchester area sites & stories
You’ve heard the records, lived the life, sang along to the songs, given up meat, cut your hair like Johnny Marr, bought an Andy Rourke-styled suede jacket, raised your eyes at Moz’s recent statements…now visit the sites where Mozzish music history was made by coach and foot.
- The house where the Smiths were born in Firswood
- The Ritz, where the Smiths made their debut.
- The Lesser Free Trade Hall where the Sex Pistols caused a revolution, as watched by a teenage Morrissey and captured by him in print.
- The Hacienda, vilified in “How Soon Is Now?”
- The rented room in Whalley Range
- Morrissey’s “iron bridge”
- Morrissey’s “midweek on the playing fields”
- Cemetery Gates
- Church of the Holy Name
- Salford Lads’ Club