This is the Smiths-Morrissey Coach Tour:
All the Manchester Area Sites & Stories
* Sat 21 September, 11am-2pm (finish time depending on traffic).
* Meet coach stop Albert Square (opposite the Town Hall).
* Please press here to book with eventbrite.
* Cost: £21 including eventbrite/Facebook booking fee
You’ve heard the records, lived the life, sang along to the songs, given up meat, cut your hair like Johnny Marr, bought an Andy Rourke-styled suede jacket, raised your eyes at Moz’s recent statements…now visit the sites where Mozzish music history was made (by coach and foot).
- The house where the Smiths were born in Firswood
- The Ritz, where the Smiths made their debut.
- The Lesser Free Trade Hall where the Sex Pistols caused a revolution, as watched by a teenage Morrissey and captured by him in print.
- The Hacienda, vilified in “How Soon Is Now?”
- The rented room in Whalley Range
- Morrissey’s “iron bridge”
- Morrissey’s “midweek on the playing fields”
- Cemetery Gates
- Church of the Holy Name
- Salford Lads’ Club, Coronation Street, Ordsall