Wed 20 Sep 2017 (£18, 11am).
Sun 5 Nov 2017 (£18, 11am).
Sat 16 Dec 2017 (£24, 11am). Includes mulled wine and mince pie.
Sat 10 Feb 2018 (£18, 11am).
Sat 17 Mar 2018 (£18, 11am).
Please book through www.quaytickets.com, 0843 208 0500.
Booking: Please book through www.quaytickets.com, 0843 208 0500. Cost: £18.
Meet: At the water’s edge outside the Castlefield Hotel, Liverpool Road.
Expert commentary provided:
Our popular canal cruise glides along the local waterways to see the stunning sights of Salford Quays and Media City. Illuminating one way commentary by the queen of canal guides Salford born Sue Grimditch and the usual great service from crew of the L S Lowry barge, as we make our way along the Bridgewater canal, through Pomona Lock and onto the Manchester Ship Canal, the Quays and Media City with views of the BBC and ITV Coronation Street studios.
* Reserved seats, licensed bar, loos and central heating make for a fabulous February tour.
* Duration approx 3 hours; see reviews on New Manchester Walks Tripadvisor page.
* Departs 11am prompt from the water beside the Castlefield Hotel, Liverpool Road, Manchester M3 4JR.
* Need more info? Call Sue on 0788 4001 315 For a full history of the Manchester Ship Canal, click here.
On the water’s edge, seen on the cruise and as pictured above, are:
* The new Coronation Street studios.
* Media City.
* Manchester United.
* The Imperial War Museum North.
* The Lowry Centre.
* The old docks of what was Britain’s 4th biggest port.
* Mode Wheel Locks.
And these are just some of the sights you will see in a way you’ve never seen before. We also go through the only Manchester lock – at Pomona – an unusual and exhilarating experience as the boat rises or falls to meet the level of the other waterway and the fortress-like walls of the lock disappear from view.