It’s what you’ve been waiting for: Ed Glinert and co. taking you or your group, club, works outfit, society … around this magnificent building.
• Public dates: Sun 26 Feb (SOLD OUT), Sun 2 Apr, Sun 21 May – all at 1.30pm.
• Meet outside the hotel on Peter Street.
• Please book through Quaytickets or eventbrite to avoid disappointment.
• Also ideal for private tours for groups of around 20 people.
Now here’s why.
The Midland is Manchester’s most famous hotel, a baroque Edwardian edifice built on the site of the house from where the magistrates sent the troops into the Peterloo Massacre.
• It’s where Rolls met Royce.
• It’s where Churchill scoffed 16 oysters and a bottle of champagne – and that was before dinner.
• It’s where Hitler avoided bombing so that it could be the Nazis’ North-west home once they had invaded.
• It’s where George Harrison was refused admission to the posh restaurant because he wasn’t wearing a tie.
• It’s where the great and good – Derek Jacobi, Princess Anne, Martin O’Neill, Nigel Havers, Van Morrison, Ed Miliband(!), Dave – stay when they come to Manchester.
Hear the history, soak in the sleek style and lounge in its luxurious locations. Then, when the tour’s over, take tea and tiffin or a tipple in the Octagon bar. What a great way of spending two hours or so!