Next tour: Fri 25 October 2019.
Meet: TfGM Travelshop, Piccadilly Gardens,6pm.
Booking: Please press here to book with eventbrite.
- Thought that the city coat of arms signified the three rivers of Manchester? It doesn’t.
- Thought Rolls met Royce at the Midland Hotel? He didn’t.
- Thought the pillar box on Corporation Street was the one that survived the IRA bomb? It isn’t.
- Thought the council built a shelter to shield the public from atomic bombs? No. It was only for VIPs.
- Did you know Manchester was close to being the setting for only the second assassination of a British prime minister?
- Did you know The Smiths were named after the people who shopped the Moors Murderers to the police?
- Thought the design of Manchester Town Hall is original? No. It is based on a Belgian building.
- Thought the Midland Hotel was free of Russian secret service bugs? Huh.
- Thought L. S. Lowry was a kindly avuncular old gent? Not quite.
- Did you know the army bomb disposal team was only 2 seconds away from diffusing the 1996 IRA bomb?
Eye-opening guided tour.