We have gathered together some of the strangest stories of Salford and Strangeways:
- The sumptuous Cliff conservation area.
- The Manchester area’s most obscure (and homely) pub.
- Manchester United’s alternative home.
- The house where the Manchester area’s first important scientific achievement took place.
- The site of Jimmy Savile’s run-down and eerie lair.
- The former HQ of the British Union of Fascists. (You won’t believe what it is now!).
- The car showroom where Guernica (yes, the real one) was displayed in the 1930s.
- The most frightening and notorious prison in the country.