The next FREE tour: Wednesday 30 November, 5.30pm.
Meet: Outside the Mercure Hotel, Portland Street.
Booking: Please press here to book with Eventbrite.
Ed Glinert who has spent 40 years unturning every last (Gothic) stone in the city, uncovering layer upon layer of other histories, lesser-known stories, the secret side of the city to create the ultimate “believe it or not”.
On this tour we hear about:
* The atomic bunker under Piccadilly Gardens.
* Racist GIs during the Second World War and the drama they caused.
* The planned demolition of the Town Hall.
* L. S. Lowry, the secret sadist.
* The pillar box that didn’t survive the 1996 IRA bomb events.
It’s the Manchester that nobody knows…apart from Glinert and you after you’ve been on this tour!