Next walking tour is FREE: Saturday 25 September 2021.
Meet: Band on the Wall, Swan Street, 2.30pm.
Booking: Please press here to book with Eventbrite.
From San Francisco to Sao Paulo, from St Etienne to St Helens, the masses have been beating a path to soak up the boho, NoHo, Soho, mojo atmosphere of Ancoats.
Which is why we have collected a phantasmagoria of stories for you from the world’s first industrial suburb starring…
* Some of the oldest mills in the country, breathtaking monuments to Mammon and cotton from the late 18th century.
* The newspaper office where the Yorkshire Ripper story was broken.
* The world’s first aircraft manufactory.
* The picturesque marina created out of industrial spoil.
* The saved Ancoats hospital.
* The so-called Chips building.
* And the site of the motorcycle factory which went bust after the Russian Revolution.