“It was the best of pints, it was the worst of pints.” So begins Charles Dickens’s classic drinking novel, An Ale of Two Cities.
You’ll be believing such hoary tales by the end of what promises to be a loquacious, lush, literary lounge around town, our annual Boho Literary pub tour.
To prepare we can provide a suitable reading list.
• Daniel Defoe – Robinson’s Crusoe.
• Laurence Sterne – Tristram Shandy.
• Charles Dickens’s drinking novels: An Ale of Two Cities and Old Tom’s Curiosity Shop.
• Jane Austen – London Pride and Prejudice.
• Thomas Hughes – Old Tom Brown’s Schooldays.
• Graham Greene King – Watney Mann in Havana.
• Anything by E. M. Foster’s. Or perhaps not.