* This tour: Saturday 25 July 2020.
* Meet: Central Library, St Peter’s Square, 10.45am.
* Booking: Please press here to book with eventbrite.
£10 for one.
£16.50 for two people.
This is the official expert entertaining introduction to the city, an in-depth, original and eye-opening tour devised by Manchester’s most prolific tour guide and energetic historian, Ed Glinert, author of Penguin’s Manchester Compendium and compiler of the Manchester Encyclopaedia.
£11 – one person
£16.50 – two-person ticket
Here’s what’s going to happen. We will start at Central Library, built to look like not only the Pantheon of Rome but the long-lost Pantheon of London. We will then take you to:
- Meet one of the most formidable women in British history.
- The hotel where Rolls didn’t meet Royce.
- The site of Britain’s most dramatic political protest.
- The building where modern Manchester music began.
- The greatest Gothic revival library in the country.
- The most spectacular new religious paintings of the 20th century.
- The parliament of the cotton lords, now one of Britain’s most celebrated theatres.
Manchester: discovered and undiscovered.