This tour: Sat 24 April 2021.
Meet: Central Library, St Peter’s Square, 10.45am.
Booking: Please press here to book with eventbrite.
Cost : £11.
This is a tribute to the world’s greatest industrial city, the industrial strength city, the capital of the North. Come with us to:
* The library built to look like the Pantheon.
* The hotel wrongly famous for the meeting of Rolls and Royce.
* The memorial to the Peterloo Massacre.
* Manchester’s most important ever building, named after the political system that made Manchester rich.
* The glorious Gothic library home to the oldest remnant of the New Testament.
* The Hidden Gem church with the most remarkable religious paintings of the 20th century.
* The parliament of the cotton lords.
We will cover every topic that has made Manchester: