Next tour on Zoom: Sunday 3 January 2021, 11.30am.
Meet: On your computer!
Booking: Please press here to book with eventbrite.
You think you know Manchester? Well, no one knows it like Ed Glinert who has spent 40 years unturning every last (Gothic) stone in the city, uncovering layer upon layer of other histories, lesser-known stories, the secret side of the city to create the ultimate “believe it or not”.
On this tour we hear about:
* The atomic bunker under Piccadilly Gardens.
* Racist GIs during the Second World War and the drama they caused.
* The planned demolition of the Town Hall.
* L. S. Lowry, the secret sadist.
* The pillar box that didn’t survive the 1996 IRA bomb events.
It’s the Manchester that nobody knows…apart from Glinert and you after you’ve been on this tour!