Next tour is on Zoom: Tuesday 27 April 2021, 5.30pm.
Booking: Please press here to book with eventbrite.
Underground London, not London Underground!
Join Ed Glinert, author of Penguin’s London Compendium and tour guide for New London Walks, on location in the capital, heading deep down London, opening up the tunnels, bunkers and subterranean spaces tempting you below.
We will discover:
• The tunnel you’re not supposed to know about which connects 10 Downing Street to Buckingham Palace.
• The Pindar bunker where the government take refuge during times of crisis (so what’s new?).
• Those long deserted underground stations. Who knows what’s down there?
• Underground rivers such as the Fleet.
• The Thames tunnel linking Wapping and Rotherhithe, the first such in the world, which nearly killed Brunel.
• The Tower subway which featured in the Jack the Ripper story.
• Underground military citadels and air-raid shelters used during the War.
• Cemetery catacombs.
No torch, sturdy boots or clinking keys needed. All done from the safety of your laptop…