New to the city or just looking to be refreshed at parts you have reached before? Welcome to Manchester is the ideal walk, a taster, a teaser, a trip through town on a timeless tourist trail. It’s a best of everything, taking in the old and the new, the ancient and the artful, the glamorous and the glorious. It’s the perfect welcome or welcome back to the 21st century city.
ON THE TOUR WE GO TO:
• Manchester’s most ornate cotton showroom, built like a Venetian palace.
• The Central Library Reading Room inspired by Rome’s St Peter’s Basilica.
• The hotel where Rolls met Royce to launch the world’s most famous luxury cars.
• Manchester’s greatest building, now a 5-star hotel.
• A hidden gem of a church to see the miraculous Stations of the Cross paintings.
• The Town Hall in all its Gothic glory.
• The remarkable John Rylands Library, built like a mediaeval Cathedral.
For all our other tours – Manchester Town Hall tour, the Pankhursts, Exploring the old docks, Engels & Marx in Manchester, John Rylands Library, Cathedral & Chetham’s, Peterloo, the Historic Canal Cruise, a selection of pub walks and a hundred others – see: