January 2020 tour: Thursday 30 January.
Meet: Midland Hotel, Peter Street, 11.30am.
Booking: Please press here to book with eventbrite.
Ed Glinert, occasional RIBA judge and Manchester architecture expert,
takes you on a remarkable whirlwind tour of the city’s greatest aesthetic achievements:
* The Pre-Raphaelite paintings in the Art Gallery.
* The paintings of the Stations of the Cross at the Hidden Gem.
* The Golden Ratio proportions of Lutyens’s Midland Bank on King Street.
* The gargoyles at the John Rylands Library.
* The Georgian splendour of the bank manager’s house nearby…
this is Manchester at its most stylish and sophisticated.